Book Title: Creating a Culture of Feedback (Empower Students to Own Their Learning) (Solutions for Creating the Learning Spaces Students Deserve)
Publisher: Solution Tree Press
Author: William M. Ferriter
Part of the Solutions for Creating the Learning Spaces Students Deserve series.
Because of the importance placed on high-stakes evaluations, schools have built cultures that greatly emphasize grading at the expense of student engagement and learning. In this book, the authors provide the essential information you need to prioritize giving feedback over grades in a concise and digestible format. Discover how to state learning intentions clearly and give effective feedback on student performance. This condensed, actionable guide will enable you to provide individualized feedback, giving students all the information they need to succeed.
Learn how to use constructive feedback communication to improve learning outcomes:
- Gain instructional strategies for prioritizing giving feedback over grading in upper elementary, middle, and high school classrooms.
- Determine the characteristics of effective feedback for students and shift classrooms from a culture of grading to a culture of feedback.
- Discover how important student feedback is to developing learners.
- Learn the benefits of having learners engage in peer feedback, and provide feedback examples for students.
- Gain guidance on communicating the differences between grading and giving feedback to students and parents.
Chapter 1: Where Am I Going?
Chapter 2: How Am I Doing?
Chapter 3: What Are My Next Steps?
Books in the Solutions for Creating the Learning Spaces Students Deserve series:
- Embracing a Culture of Joy
- Creating a Culture of Feedback
- Reimagining Literacy Through Global Collaboration
- Making Learning Flow
- Different Schools for a Different World
- Personalizing Learning Through Voice and Choice